Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hall Closet

I have a nice sized hall closet in the entry way of my home. Since I moved in it has been a catch all for every coat and jacket we own. As well as gloves, hats & scarfs. And the vacuum, mop, broom & duster. Along with some shoes and boots. It is the only closet on the main level so it gets pretty full.









Well I finally got sick of it being so nonfunctional so I set out to better organize it and make it more useful and more beautiful. The paint was awful.





I gave it a new coat of paint and decided to try a tutorial I found on Pinterest. This girl painted a Moroccan print on her wall. Here is the tutorial http://www.pincookie.com/diy-moroccan-style-wall-stencil-tutorial/. I decided to try it. I found a pattern on Google image and printed it off. Then I cut the shape out of a cereal box and taped a small level on it. I then traced it onto the wall in pencil and went over it in paint. It only took 3 hours. And I love how it turned out.

   
The rack across the whole closet wasn't working. I put up a divider and then hung-up a smaller rack. I also needed some hooks so my little boys could hang things up. I bought these hooks at Ikea for $15.





I also needed a place for my boys to put papers, books and homework. I bought some hanging file folders at target for $2.86 and mode-podged their first initial on it.




                                        I kept the hats, scarfs & gloves but made labels for them.



I also needed a new place for the broom, mop & duster. So I moved them to my washroom behind the door. I still have to keep the vacuum in there but it hides nicely behind the coats.

I love how my closet turned out and now I am not embarrassed if my closet is open when someone comes over!


No comments:

Post a Comment