Thursday, January 17, 2013

Holiday Centerpiece

I saw this Soda Bottle Center piece on Pinterest and loved it. So my crafting friend and I decided to make one. Here is the tutorial http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/12/christmas-centerpiece.htm.

We made ours slightly different. We used 2x6's instead of 1x6's . This is how it turned out.


We used wood glue to hold it together. Then I drilled holes in the side and hammered in antique nails, that I had left over from another project.


I got these on-line at House of Antique Hardware.


We then wrapped 5 layers of twine around it. Since Valentine's Day is the next holiday we decided to make some decorations for the bottles.



These were made by cutting out hearts with my Cricket using George and the Basics and attaching them to skewers with Mod Podge. Then I tied some cute Valentine ribbon that I got in the dollar section at Target. The "I love you" is also from the George and the Basics. 

 The bottles are Boyle soda I got at Smith's Market Place. I peeled the labels off and let them soak (in the hottest water I could get from the tap) for an hour. I then rubbed Goo-Gone over the sticky part and scrubbed with steel wool. The sticky part came right off and the sell by date also came right off.

I love my new centerpiece and plan on changing the bottle decor out for every holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment