Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thanksgiving Tree

I have heard of people making Thanksgiving trees. Most of the ones I have seen were made from tree branches and were in a pot. I wanted to make one this year so that my boys could write down each day what they are Thankful for. I thought about the tree branch one and then I saw in the Pottery barn kids catalog a Thanksgiving Countdown Calendar. So I got out some brown felt and drew a tree, stuck it to my wall with tape and made a cute "Give Thanks" sign to go above it.


Every night before my boys go to bed we take a leaf and they get to draw a picture of something they are thankful for.  I got paper leafs at the dollar store. My oldest loves this activity and makes sure we don't skip a night. Even my baby tells me one thing each night for me to write down. I love the way this turned out and am so glad thhat my boys are learning to be grateful for the things in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment